A look back at 2019, Blog Post
2019 was a big year at WCCO Belting! As we celebrated our 65th year of business, we also celebrated our employees, new products, and even our pets.
- On April 2, 2019, we celebrated the official opening of our production facility expansion and our 65th anniversary with a ribbon cutting.
- In July, WCCO Belting Founder Ed Shorma earned an inaugural “Leaders & Legacies” award from Prairie Business Magazine for his contributions to business and community.
- For the fifth time, WCCO Belting was named one of the 50 Best Places to Work by Prairie Business Magazine in July.
- CEO/President Tom Shorma was named to the Chief Executive Magazine list of “2019 Makers in American Manufacturing." The list included 25 CEOs who are thriving in the U.S. industry.
- We hosted the first annual Penny’s Pup Crawl on August 26, 2019, honoring Penny the Poodle, the beloved dog of founder Ed Shorma, and his wife, Pat. Dogs and their owners, and even a pet pig, came out to the event. Guests were encouraged to bring pet supplies to donate to the Humane Society of Richland-Wilkin Counties.
- In November, WCCO Belting announced two new patent-pending rubber products during the world’s largest agricultural trade fair, Agritechnica. The new products will positively impact the agricultural industry by providing a new draper design for harvesting applications as well as a new approach on belting for belted chain assemblies within the root vegetable industry.
Thank you to our partners, customers and employees for helping us make the last 65 years such an exciting ride. We look forward to many more to come!