WCCO Belting Celebrated and Rewarded Employees with ‘Appreciation Week’ Leading up to National Manufacturing Day on October 1, Blog Post
To say thank you to employees for all they do to help WCCO remain a great place to work, and for their loyalty and dedication through a busy summer, we held a variety of activities and the opportunity to win some great prizes.
To kick off the week, we gave each employee five tickets that they could use in a raffle to earn different experiences or prizes. At the request of employees, instead of including several smaller items for each individual, we gave away larger items and experiences. Prizes included:
- Three gift cards of varying amounts were distributed to use at Games Galore Party Rentals
- Four winners received an X-Box Series X or gift cards
- Five winners recently went on a locally guided group pheasant hunt with our CEO
- Eight winners will go on a locally guided ice fishing trip with our CEO
- Over 30 people received brand name clothing items with WCCO logos including hats, sweatshirts, jackets, sweaters, polos and more
- 63 winners received “Grill and Chill” items which included Yeti coolers, grills, portable chairs and other items
The week culminated on National Manufacturing Day with a complimentary ribeye steak lunch for all employees cooked by the maintenance team and served on WCCO’s own grilling trailer at the facility. In all, more than 125 employees received a prize and more than 200 employees joined us for lunch.
We also hosted an ‘idea challenge’ asking employees how they recommended that WCCO should approach recruiting new people to manufacturing careers. A whopping 139 ideas were submitted that are currently being reviewed by the leadership team. Employees with ideas that move forward to the next phase of investigation and implementation will be entered into a drawing for one extra day of paid time off.
Thanks to all 250 employees for supporting WCCO and helping us to be named a Best Place to Work for the seventh time! As a family-owned company, WCCO is like a family. We appreciate each one of our employees and always look forward to celebrating all they do to make the company successful.